Monday 15 July 2013

Waiting

It's quite curious; this fragile thing we share.

I stare at the city lights twinkling outside my window and wonder where you are tonight. I wonder if you ever look out at the world and wonder about me in the same way. Sometimes I have to blink and shake my head, reminding myself that you are real and walking the same streets, day by day.

You sent those first words to me on nothing more than a wild hope; without expectations. Little did you know how they would change my world. I don't think that either of us could have imagined how this would play out. I watched a few short lines slowly transform into letters filled with our hopes and dreams, and it is ever so strange how you have gotten to know me through these words in a way that would be impossible for anyone else.

Two souls could easily sit side by side, in silence, and spend hours together without listening to each other, but our chosen choice of communication forces us to listen. The time we spend together is precious in its fleeting nature. We share our lives with each other in the most curious way, and we walk with each other, parallel and perpendicular at the same time.

You could have never known, but words are my favourite way of expression. And now, with you, even more so than ever before.

So I will send these words on a wish into the great wide world, and hope that they find you, safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment