Saturday 26 May 2012

that summer will always belong to you

This has been a long time coming.

This time last year. Who knew that music would take me back there so easily? I heard that song, and it, combined with these late summer nights, has reminded me just why it all happened in the first place. But this time, I'm not bitter over it.

Because yes, I remember those nights. I remember that one night, and suddenly those memories feel like they were yesterday.  

Every time I listen to Tonight by FM Static, I still want to cry; just like the first time I heard it.

Love Me Like That. This Moment. Prove You Wrong. By Your Side. Crush. Good to You. Because you were so good to me, even though I didn't deserve it.

It was only a summer; fleeting moments; snippets of memory that resurface here and there when that song comes on. But I'm only realizing now that it wasn't a mistake; it was a lesson learned. And I'm just beginning to realize now that I don't regret it. Not anymore. I just might cherish it.

We're exactly where we're supposed to be. But don't think that I forgot about you, because I never will, even though at one point I tried to. And I'm sure you did the same.

I just wanted to say thank you for the memories. 

And finally, finally, finally: I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment