Saturday 8 February 2014

< 3

“Anything less than mad, passionate, extraordinary love is a waste of time. There are too many mediocre things in life to deal with and love shouldn't be one of them.” 

                                                                           - Tiffanie DeBartolo

So, about this whole Valentine's Day business...

Usually I'm pretty apathetic about it all. This year I'm kind of just rolling my eyes, but hey, I appreciate the abundance of heart-shaped cookies as much as anyone does.

Someone asked me if I was sad that I don't have a valentine. I think they were expecting me to say yes (and burst into tears), but the truth is... not really.

You and I Tonight. The First Time. I Want Crazy. I'll Be.

What do they all have in common? They're songs overflowing with love, written by lovers, for lovers. And I want that. I've done mediocre love and wished that I hadn't, and I'm not settling for it again. I want the kind of love that you write songs and tell stories about. I want the kind of love that leaves you breathless and sleepless and makes you break all the rules. I want the kind of love that makes you sneak out at midnight and makes losing sleep worthwhile. I've never found that kind of love; I've never had love that challenged me to go the distance, and so it captivates me. But despite this, I am positive that it is out there, and that it is absolutely everything that it's cracked up to be.

So no, I'm not sad. But maybe I'm a dreamer.
And someday I'm going to find the nerve to say hello in this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment